Essence

Essence Colour Arts pigments (swatches, review)

Sensitive and extremely oily skin really soured me on make up when I was younger. Really, what is the point spending 10+ minutes putting it on, just to have to either remove it because your skin is itching or see it disappear in couple of hours as oil takes over. :roll:
Then I came into a contact with (mineral) pigments and my first make up crush was born. :love: So you can imagine how wonderfully was I surprised to get 7 of them in my mail for testing … it was kind of emotional moment for me. :blush:

Essence Colour Arts pigments

Essence Colour Arts pigments

I played with all of them for almost a week before I felt that it was time for review. They served as eyeshadows all over my eye (I looked like somebody punched me – but I could see if they irritate my skin), one of them was nice blush, glitter is great as top coat …
None of the pigments caused any irritations (I skipped using number 04 around the eyes as glitter and my eyes do not mix well). :thumb:
All pigments were applied over base and photographed in shade and sun.

Essence Colour Arts pigments: Smell The Caramel (no. 02), WOW It’s Orange! (no. 06), Miss Piggy’s Lollipop (no. 12):

• Smell The Caramel: is my favorite with its beige color and almost metallic finish. Formula is pigmented, with great adhesive power and one that glides on the skin.
  • WOW It’s Orange!: is lovely blush and lip gloss with it coral-ish base color and tiny gold shimmer.
  • Miss Piggy’s Lollipop: not as highly pigmented as the 2 above + with larger shimmer served as top coat and I used it as eyeshadow in combination with pigment 18 and 17 to make some kind of gradient

Essence Colour Arts pigments - 02, 06, 12

Essence Colour Arts pigments - Smell The Caramel 02, WOW It's Orange! 06, Miss Piggy's Lollipop 12 swatch

Essence Colour Arts pigments - 02, 06, 12 sun

Essence Colour Arts pigments - 02, 06, 12 sun swatch

Essence Colour Arts pigments: Black Sparrow (no. 20), Dory In Love (no. 17), Little Mermaid (no. 18):

• Black Sparrow: dark base with metallic like steel-green sheen was my second favorite. I used it to make smokey make up and loved it.
  • Dory In Love: I like the color of this pigment, but the adhesive power was not so hot. It does work as eyeshadow, just not as good as others. But is does make lovely nail polish – either base if you add little more pigment or top coat is you use tiny bit.
  • Little Mermaid: blue with greenish undertone works as eyeshadow or you can make nail polish out of it.

Essence Colour Arts pigments - 20, 17, 18

Essence Colour Arts pigments - Black Sparrow 20, 17, Little Mermaid 18 swatch

Essence Colour Arts pigments - 20, 17, 18 sun

Essence Colour Arts pigments - 20, 17, 18 sun swatch

Essence Colour Arts pigment Broadway Starlet (no. 04):

• is pure glitter with rainbow of colors in it. For me personally, this kind of pigments are good only for top coats.

Essence Colour Arts pigments - 04

Essence Colour Arts pigments - Broadway Starlet 04 swatch

Essence Colour Arts pigments - 04 sun

Essence Colour Arts pigments - Broadway Starlet 04 sun swatch

I also got Colour Arts Lip Base and set of jars. I almost never use pigments on my lips as it’s too messy for me. I guess you could mix some of the gloss and pigment in jar, but I’m not fan of those kind of mixes as the tend to spoil pretty fast … at least some of them. Lip Base itself is fantastic clear lip gloss – good staying power, not tacky, fruity smell I associate with Essence … I love using it over matte lipsticks.
I did try out Lip Base and WOW It’s Orange! pigment combination and it does look lovely + staying power is great for gloss … I had it on for more than an hour and it’s still there … practically intact. I mixed two swipes of gloss and little bit of pigment on my hand and then applied it with brush.

Essence Colour Arts: pigment 06 + lip base

Essence Colour Arts: pigment WOW It's Orange! 06 + lip base swatch

Price:
– pigments 2,69 EUR for 1,2g (0.04 oz);
– lip base 1,99 EUR for 4ml (0.13 fl.oz)

Video review:

Am I the only one excited that soon this pigments will be available in the stores? :silly:

P.S. Names added.
*I received items for review

email: gejba@parokeets.com; Starševski klepet

1. fatalna

July 26, 2012 at 20:53

hmmm… očitno niso nekam dobro pigmetirani, kot naj bi pigmenti bili. Meh..

July 27, 2012 at 13:38

Madoniš – katere znamke pigmentov pa uporabljaš, da so tolikokrat bolj pigmentirani? :silly:

2. Lendoxia

July 22, 2012 at 23:20

:wub: nisam mislila da ce mi se ista od ovih pigmenata svidjet, ali 06 kao sjenilo, sjajilo, rumenilo, lak, sve :wub:

July 27, 2012 at 13:39

06 je stvarno multipurpose pigment. :thumb:

3. MissDoll

July 21, 2012 at 22:24

Tudi mene je prešinila ideja da so že pri nas pa sem si srečno odahnila, ker še ni denarčka :wink:
    Bo pa kmalu in ga bom nekaj nujno morala zapraviti za tele pigmentke :yes:

July 27, 2012 at 13:41

Počasi kar pripravi dinarčke … novi Colour&Go lakci že kapljajo, tako da se zna zgoditi, da jim bo tudi preostali asortiment sledil kmalu. :silly:

July 21, 2012 at 16:45

Zaenkrat je tudi meni najbolj všeč 02, presenetljivo! Ampak rabim nekaj takega za notranje kotičke očesa. Si jih bom z veseljem pobliže ogledala ko jih najdem v trgovini. :yes: Mi je pa koncept mešanja v lake in v lip gloss tako nenavaden, da komajda čakam da vidim podrobne prispevke z navodili. :)

July 27, 2012 at 13:42

Sem mislila že sedaj narediti video o mešanju, ampak bom raje počakala, da kupim Essence bazi in ubijem 2 muhi na en mah. :biggrin:

5. KrvavaMeri

July 21, 2012 at 14:17

Čeprav zdaj nisem v Sloveniji in najbrž ne bom kupila nobenega pigmenta, se mi zelo dopade ideja, da lahko tudi pri nas najdemo kvalitetne pigmente v drogarijah in po taki ceni. Bravo, Essence.

Parokeetkam pa bravo za dober prispevek. :wink:

6. nail crazy

July 21, 2012 at 14:06

joj, joj, jedva čekam :happy:

July 27, 2012 at 13:43

I ja … trebam još pigmenata. :biggrin:

7. PieceOfMoris

July 21, 2012 at 01:17

Hi :)
    02 smell the caramel, 06 WOW it’s orange!, 12 miss piggy’s lollipop, 17 dory in love, 18 little mermaid, 20 black sparrow

July 27, 2012 at 13:51

Thx, PieceOfMoris. I tend to wait for the official names as those circulating around can be wrong. Yeah – I’m “slight” control freak. :cool: :biggrin:

8. Nuša

July 20, 2012 at 20:11

Joj, sem se že ustrašila, da so prigmeni že v trgovinah. :sigh:
    Komaj čakam! :happy:

July 27, 2012 at 13:52

S trenutnim tempom, bodo ziher kmalu pri nas. :cute:

9. Zala

July 20, 2012 at 19:57

Komaj čakam, da pridejo v drogerije, zgledajo krasni :)

10. Natalie

July 20, 2012 at 19:57

Thanks sooo much for the swatches, I’m really excited about this t.e. :w00t:

11. Art on my way

July 20, 2012 at 17:46

Pigmenti su prekrasni i hvala ti na tako detaljnoj recenziji.
    Pitam se zašto sam ja do sad mislila da se pigmenti koriste samo kao sjenila, stvarno nisam znala da se koriste i za nokte i usne itd.

July 27, 2012 at 13:54

Pigmenti su popularni baš zbog toga što su multi produkti … i još kad napraviš svoj miks boja … :wub:

12. Suzi

July 20, 2012 at 17:09

I´m really looking forward to this products!!!