Not so long ago I bought Zoya’s Color Lock System in mini size. I guess, you all now it already. I decided, to properly try it out. Here is the whole set.
There are five mini sized products in the set:
- Remove+ (nail polish remover with acetone)
- Anchor (base coat)
- Armor (top coat)
- Hurry Up (fast drying drops)
- Shiloh (red nail polish with tiny red shimmer)
Remove+ contains 15ml of product while the others are 7,5ml.
The price here in Slovenia is 21,30€.
I’ve read a lot of reviews about the Color Lock System. Some rave about it and some not. I guess that’s normal. I mean, you can’t expect that everybody would like it. So, I decided to give it a try.
How I tested:
- Remove my old polish with Remove+.
- I hydrated my cuticles with Badger – Cuticle Care.
- After a while I cleaned my nails with Remove+ …
- … and applied one thin coat of base coat Anchor.
- I waited for about a minute for the base coat to dry.
- Than I applied two thin coats of Roxy. I waited for two minutes between the coats.
- I waited for a couple of minutes for the polish to dry a bit.
- Than I applied one thin coat of top coat Armor.
- Again waited for a couple of minutes.
- Finally I applied the Hurry Up drops – one drop to each nail.
The manicure was dry in reasonable time.
And finally some pictures. I present you Zoya – Roxy, a wonderful purple jelly with tons of purple glitter.
After 24 hours … some minor tip wear.
After 48 hours … Minor tip wear and tiny chip on my right hand.
After 72 hours … Another chip on the right hand. Left hand still looks decent.
After 88 hours with some Konad added …
After 96 hours … Major chipping on my right hand, while left hand still looked fine with minor tip wear.
My conclusion: I think the Color Lock System works. At least for me. But not as good for my dominant (right) hand as for my left hand. I totally expected that, because my nails aren’t in good shape on my right hand. So… I guess, if you have strong and healthy nails, it could work well. I think you could expect that your manicure would last at least a week with Zoya’s Color Lock System.
And what are your long lasting favourites? What combos do you use, when you need your manicure to last?
This post is also available in SLO.