Not so long ago I bought Zoya’s Color Lock System in mini size. I guess, you all now it already. I decided, to properly try it out. Here is the whole set.
There are five mini sized products in the set:
- Remove+ (nail polish remover with acetone)
- Anchor (base coat)
- Armor (top coat)
- Hurry Up (fast drying drops)
- Shiloh (red nail polish with tiny red shimmer)
Remove+ contains 15ml of product while the others are 7,5ml.
The price here in Slovenia is 21,30€.
I’ve read a lot of reviews about the Color Lock System. Some rave about it and some not. I guess that’s normal. I mean, you can’t expect that everybody would like it. So, I decided to give it a try.
How I tested:
- Remove my old polish with Remove+.
- I hydrated my cuticles with Badger – Cuticle Care.
- After a while I cleaned my nails with Remove+ …
- … and applied one thin coat of base coat Anchor.
- I waited for about a minute for the base coat to dry.
- Than I applied two thin coats of Roxy. I waited for two minutes between the coats.
- I waited for a couple of minutes for the polish to dry a bit.
- Than I applied one thin coat of top coat Armor.
- Again waited for a couple of minutes.
- Finally I applied the Hurry Up drops – one drop to each nail.
The manicure was dry in reasonable time.
And finally some pictures. I present you Zoya – Roxy, a wonderful purple jelly with tons of purple glitter.
After 24 hours … some minor tip wear.
After 48 hours … Minor tip wear and tiny chip on my right hand.
After 72 hours … Another chip on the right hand. Left hand still looks decent.
After 88 hours with some Konad added …
After 96 hours … Major chipping on my right hand, while left hand still looked fine with minor tip wear.
My conclusion: I think the Color Lock System works. At least for me. But not as good for my dominant (right) hand as for my left hand. I totally expected that, because my nails aren’t in good shape on my right hand. So… I guess, if you have strong and healthy nails, it could work well. I think you could expect that your manicure would last at least a week with Zoya’s Color Lock System.
And what are your long lasting favourites? What combos do you use, when you need your manicure to last?
5 thoughts on “Tested: Zoya – Minicure: Color Lock System with Roxy”
I love the konad thing you did toward the end. Is it a clear design or what?
Pretty good amount of time with that manicure. Roxy is a gorgeous color on you.
5 days is pretty good. My personal record is 7 days with no chips and reasonable tip wear. I used Nubar Nu Nails base coat, Essie polish and Seche Vite top coat. But that was a really lazy week and I did hardly any chores around the house and stayed away from the garden.
Otherwise, if I need a longlasting mani, I always go with glitter polishes – they wear like iron on me.
Oh, and Roxy just moved way up on my wish list :wink: .
Zanimivo. Jaz imam sicer zdrave in močne nohte tako da bi torej pri meni držalo 1 teden :silly: ampak problem bi nastal ker jaz ne morem tako dolgo gledat iste manikure na nohtih :blush: Čestitam da je tebi uspelo!
Ah, saj je bila prava muka, zato je pa zadnji dan šel gor Konad. :D