Lately I’ve been missing quite a few of “beauty” evens. So when all the stars aligned aka I was healthy and so was the little one, I had 2 nannies available and I was awake (don’t laugh, but I overslept Illamasqua’s event ), I simply had to go to Clarins one. :D
I did learn a lot about the brand and company itself which was the purpose anyway. Clarins has a lot of fans out there and I had no clue about it. It was actually pretty funny when presenter asked if we know what is Clarins most known for. The correct answer was flowers (extracts&co) in their formulas. You know which answer ran through my mind? Clarins eyeshadow quads. :D
Here are the facts I remembered about the company itself:
- fair trade: they build schools, wells in counties in third world countries that produce their active ingredients
- they put a lot into what their customers think – from the beginning they try to incorporate their wishes in new products. First with leaflets in every product and now online
- here is one wow fact – it’s still family held company. What their father started, sons now continue
- all products are still made in France
- they stopped testing on animals long time ago
Most of the presentation time was dedicated to skin care products, but there were few goodies to check out for us make-up lovers too: new foundation (looks great for dryer skins), concealer, autumn-winter collection (lipsticks, palette ) …
We received for testing few skin care samples and mascara+make up remover. Mascara brought smile to my face as I had full make up on … except mascara which I managed to forget. :D I will definitively be reviewing this in my mascara test.
I’m planing to visit Clarins and Shiseido corners next time I’m in drugstore. Any recommendations what to check out?