Black and gray

Essence week: Glam Rock Trend Edition

I saved the best for last. These are, in my opinion, the best nail polishes Essence ever made. Glam Rock was limited edition released in December last year. Among other things, it included three shades of nail polish, which hit me straight in the heart and became my “precious” polishes. I have a story about how they have become my “precious” :biggrin:

I’ve never really cared about new Essence collections, because they were never anything special to me. And I didn’t expect anything special from this one either and then I saw photos on the net. First I saw a shade called Gothic Girl and it was love at first sight. I knew I am going to have difficulties getting the collection, as the Essence Trend Edition collections are very quickly sold out. I made the hunt. No luck. I told all my friends to please look around. I had no luck and almost gave up. And than one day Nati called and told me, that she found all three shades for me. I jumped from joy up to the ceiling. And that’s how these polishes became my “precious” polishes. Nati, thank you again!

Anyway, I got all three shades. I should probably mention, why they are so special. They are holographic :wub: As a rainbow in a bottle .. Let the photos speak for themselves…

Metal Babe

Essence - Glam Rock - Metal BabeEssence - Glam Rock - Metal Babe

Pink Punk

Essence - Glam Rock - Pink PunkGothic Girl

Essence - Glam Rock - Gothic GirlEssence - Glam Rock - Gothic Girl

Unfortunately the pictures don’t give enough credit to the holographic shimmer. Indeed, the holographic effect is much more noticeable IRL. I’m so happy that I have these beauties!

1. Lyra

February 21, 2010 at 01:06

Zahvaljujoč Gogi sem postala lastnica Gothic girl in Metal babe wiiii! Od veselja sem skakala do stropa :blush:
    Hvala ti goga!!! *hug*

2. Cathy

February 16, 2010 at 21:50

oh ja… nisi edina  :cry:

3. Lyra

February 16, 2010 at 21:45

Jaz sem naredila samomor da sem šla gledat ta post :w00t: Zdaj pa hočem te lake pa vem da jih ne morem dobit … zmešalo se mi bo :roll:

4. Maestra

February 1, 2010 at 11:07

Manuela, pozdravljena! Ti laki so bili omejena izdaja oz. posebna kolekcija konec leta 2008, ki je zelo hitro pošla in jo je skoraj nemogoče še dobiti. Vsaj jaz ne vem, kje bi se jo še dalo dobiti. :think:

5. Manuela

February 1, 2010 at 10:26

Zdravo, kje se še da dobit te lakce za nohte, ker pri nas jih ni več :unsure: Zelo, zelooo rada bi jih mela :w00t:

6. Maestra

August 6, 2009 at 10:39

I’ll have it done today :wink:

7. Astasia

August 6, 2009 at 09:35

Hi Maestra! Wow the ethno couture isn’t arrived yet in Italy…and for the “Into Ocean” do you have something?
    I’m very curios to view the swatch of the polish :wink: .

8. Maestra

August 6, 2009 at 09:27

Yes, this collection was pure perfection! Thank you, for your comments! :rose:

Just to inform you, I’ll soon post the Essence Ethno Couture TE :wink:

9. astasia

August 6, 2009 at 08:49

So sad to have miss this collection…
    Is very beautiful!
    I’m wacthing all your Essence nail swatch!!Thank for to have done!!!
    Bye bye :wink:

10. Ana

June 2, 2009 at 14:00

i am so sad that i didn’t get them, they didn’t seem nothing special when i saw them last year in dm… but now:cwy:

11. Maestra

May 31, 2009 at 06:35

wixbetty, this is an European brand. It is sold in drugstores like Müller and DM. And I can tell you this brand is really cheap. The polishes are sold for about $2. Unfortunately, I don’t have any Kaleidoscopes to compare. I have one OMG TMI and what I’ve seen from the pics, I’d say that Kaleidoscopes have larger holo particles. Glam Rock polishes have similar particles than OMG’s.
    The best thing about these polishes is also the perfect application and coverage. I mean, the black one is almost completely opaque in one coat. The second coat is for the depth and to correct the mistakes. Just perfect! I just can’t understand, why do they make such great shades LE… :cwy:

12. wixbetty

May 30, 2009 at 20:35

Meant to ask-  how do they compare to the holo shimmer in the ChG Kaleidoscope collection?

13. wixbetty

May 30, 2009 at 20:34

Just jaw-droppingly gorgeous! Especially the black…love it!

I know you said they are hard to get ahold of, but where do they sell this line of polish?

14. Mamy

January 30, 2009 at 22:42

Prva dva že imam, sploh s Pink Punk sem zelo zadovoljna. Obstojnost je naravnost neverjetna in kako je lep :heart:

15. Nati

January 20, 2009 at 22:31

iii čudovite slike. Mislim, da si res zadela odtenke. Holografski šimer pa se čudovio vidi tudi na stekleničkah na slikah. Me veseli, da sem te razveselila :)  S tole kolekcijo je Essence kozmetika res zadela terno in škoda, da tega nimajo v redni prodaji.  In to bi bilo res nedopustno, da Maestra tega trojčka ne bi imela  svoji zbirki :w00t: