Chanel

Video and swatches:Chanel – Peridot (my precioussss)

Since the first time I saw swatches of Chanel – Peridot I knew I had to have it! It’s one of the most amazing polishes Chanel ever released (at least in my opinion). I almost never buy Chanel polishes. The reason is, they are too expensive and most of the time not unique enough and that’s why not worth the money, if you ask me. The first Chanel polish I bought was Kaleidoscope. When I bought it I thought it was amazing. When I look at it now, I don’t know if I would buy it again, but it’s still a nice polish. And the second Chanel polish in my stash is Peridot, the star of Chanel’s fall collection. And you know what? This one is insanely beautiful and unique! I took and edited tons of photos of this beauty for you and I prepared a video, that shows, how is the application etc. Enjoy!

Swatch: Chanel - Peridot (2 coats)

Chanel - Peridot (2 coats)

Swatch: Chanel - Peridot (2 coats)

Chanel - Peridot (2 coats)

Swatch: Chanel - Peridot (2 coats)

Chanel - Peridot (2 coats)

Swatch: Chanel - Peridot (2 coats)

Chanel - Peridot (2 coats)

Swatch: Chanel - Peridot (2 coats)

Chanel - Peridot (2 coats)

Swatch: Chanel - Peridot (2 coats)

Chanel - Peridot (2 coats)

Swatch: Chanel - Peridot (2 coats)

Chanel - Peridot (2 coats)

Swatch: Chanel - Peridot (2 coats)

Chanel - Peridot (2 coats)

I know a lot of people have troubles with the wear time of Chanel polishes. It seems that I’m lucky and Chanel polishes don’t chip on me very fast. I took it off after three days and it was still in a good condition (only two tiny chips). :party:

Now I’m curious to read your comments on Peridot and on Chanel’s polishes in general? Do you buy them? Do they chip on you fast? Tell me what do you think?

1. Lola

October 18, 2011 at 16:43

I just tried this. My first Chanel as well. The color is really pretty but the formula was a disaster for me. Thick and hard to apply, brush strokes were really obvious. I was expecting a luxury polish and I’m really dissapointed. The color is hot but the formula reminds me of my frankens when I dump a bunch of eyeshadow into a clear polish.

• Maestra

October 19, 2011 at 08:10

Really?!? I can’t believe it, because my bottle was perfect. Smooth and thin but very opaque. I mean … you can sort of see from my video what I’m talking about. Maybe it’s something wrong with your bottle. Can you maybe return it and get another bottle?

October 17, 2011 at 15:00

Love the way it looks on you. :wub:
    I find them to expensive in general, but for special kind of color (without good dupes) I would go for it.
    Graphite is also verrrry nice from this collection. :nails:

• Maestra

October 19, 2011 at 08:04

Yes, Graphite is also very very nice! :wub:

3. Swatch Freak

October 16, 2011 at 22:28

Tale lakec je res EDINSTVEN :wub:

October 16, 2011 at 20:02

Chanela ne kupujem iz istega razloga kot ti, zdi se mi, da barve ne opravičijo cene in da gre bolj za privrženost znamki kot znamki pri vseh oboževalkah. Peridot mi je padel v oči, ker je res čudovit na swatchih, vendar me je odvrnilo od nakupa ko sem prebrala in slišala iz prve roke, da je večinoma zgolj zlat, zelen pa preveč redko, da bi bilo to všečno nekomu, ki preferira zeleni del Peridota pred zlatim. Me pa zelo veseli, da ti nisi razočarana nad nakupom in barvo, uživajta skupaj! :yes:

• Maestra

October 19, 2011 at 07:50

Res nisem razočarana niti malo nad Peridotom. :happy: Morda je res, da ni večino časa zelen, ampak ker imam zelo rada old gold (zlata z zelenkastim pridihom), je tale čisto kul. Vseeno je dovolj prelivanja barv, da me ni razočaral. Poleg tega je super za zimo, ker je eden tistih, ki je pravzaprav lepši, če ga sonce ne obsije popolnoma.
      Oja, uživala pa bova. :party:

5. Nicole

October 16, 2011 at 19:24

it’s beautiful, though personally i prefer graphite from this collection (wich is actually my first & only chanel polish :) )

• Maestra

October 19, 2011 at 07:47

Yes, Graphite is also gorgeous. :wub:

6. Atqa

October 16, 2011 at 19:16

It’s such a beautiful shade :w00t: . I wouldn’t feel comfortable though buying such a pricey nail polish. Maybe someday, now I’m enjoying your swatches :)

• Maestra

October 19, 2011 at 07:46

Yes it is! <3 Luckily, there are tons of beautiful polishes out there and much cheaper than the Chanel ones, so we all can enjoy the variety and different price ranges … there’s definitely something for everyone. :happy:

7. Zabica

October 16, 2011 at 19:11

Nimam še nobenega v zbirki. Tale je pa res ČUDOVIT.
    Sem počaščena da sem bila v njegovi družbi ;)

Super fotke. Očitno je taki “važič” se rad pokaže v vsej svoji lepoti :haha: :haha: :haha:

8. femketje

October 16, 2011 at 18:48

gorgeous polish!

9. Salpi

October 16, 2011 at 18:08

I was wearing these today :)
    I think this chanel polish is sooo overrated Quarts was waaay better than this .

• Maestra

October 19, 2011 at 07:43

Interesting that you like Quartz more than Peridot. In my opinion Quartz really is nothing special and is dupe-able. From this collection I also really like Graphite polish. :wub:

10. Elena

October 16, 2011 at 17:52

Last time, I was wearing Chanel Peridot it stayed without chipping for 3 days. After those 3 days I only removed it, because I thought I needed a different color. In contrast a friend of mine reported, that the Peridot chipped after some hours. A question of base coat? Actually I am wearing it, but with a different base coat, as the last time. Let’s wait and see..

Kind regards,
    Elena

• Maestra

October 19, 2011 at 07:41

I also removed it after three days, because I wanted a different color on my nails. :biggrin: I don’t know if it’s a question of base coat or just body chemistry … I’ve read that for some people Chanel polishes don’t work no matter what BC or TC they are wearing, for some they work only with Chanel’s BC etc. So, it really isn’t an exact science. :biggrin:
      How did it work for you this time? With another BC.