Barry M

Barry M – Instant Nail Effects (crackle polish)

I’m sure most of you already know, what a crackle polish is. For those of you, who don’t know. A crackle polish is a polish that cracks while drying. It’s a cool effect. I like it very much! It’s a bit unpredictable, because you don’t know what “design” the polish will create on your nails. You can manipulate the design a bit, by knowing that a thick coat will create bigger cracks and a thin coat of crackle polish will create smaller and thinner cracks. Crackle polishes seem to be big in trend right now, because a lot of nail polish companies are creating crackle polishes. I’m not complaining at all, because I love this trend. Remember how matte polishes became a big trend? Well, I think it’s going to be the same with crackle polishes.

Today I have Barry M – Instant Nail Effects – black crackle polish to show you. It’s a great crackle polish. It creates very nice cracks on the nail. It’s a bit thick in consistency (similar to the IsaDora’s crackle polishes), which is OK, because you don’t need to do a perfect coat of crackle polish. It’ll crack anyway and the uneven application won’t be visible anymore. :party: Here it is … the magic with crackle polish.

Swatch: Barry M: Spring Green, Mint Green, Mushroom, Dusky Mauve, Indigo, Red Glitter, Navy, Cobalt Blue + crackle polish

The Barry M’s crackle polish dries matte and I like it that way. I never put a top coat on while wearing it. There’s also no top coat in the photos shown in this article.

Here is a close up of the crackle effects.

Swatches: Barry M: Spring Green, Mint Green + crackle polish

Barry M: Spring Green, Mint Green + crackle polish

For all of you, who like glitter polishes. Here’s a close up of Red Glitter (2 coats).

Swatches: Barry M: Indigo, Red Glitter, Navy

Barry M: Indigo, Red Glitter, Navy

And the last photo. Note that it’s not true to life. I played a bit with the photo and edited it a lot. I liked the end result. I think it’s looks pretty cool.

Swatch: Barry M: Red Glitter + crackle polish

Barry M: Red Glitter + crackle polish

How do you feel about crackle polishes? Do you like the effect or not? Do you think that they are becoming next big thing in the nail polish world?

In Slovenia Barry M products can be purchased HERE.

Some Barry M products (including the famous Chanel dupe Dusky Mauve) are also part of our giveaway. CLICK if you are interested.

1. Beauty Addict

January 29, 2011 at 11:48

I really like the effect. I didn’t like at first, until it grew on me and I think they are awesome. It’s a great alternative when you don’t want to change your old nail colour and need it to last a couple more days – you can’t see any amends and it refreshes the whole look

2. nail crazy

January 28, 2011 at 15:28

obožavam crackle lakiće… na žalost, imam jedan koji nije zadovoljavajuće kvalitete ali sad ih već ima skoro svaka firma koja drži do sebe tako da ću se sigurno obradovati novim :happy:

3. renate

January 28, 2011 at 00:30

I love crackle polish…and I want one…but I am going to buy it from China glaze!!

4. Thifa

January 27, 2011 at 23:13

I kind of like in the pictures but sometimes things look better on photos, right? I’d love to try it on though! Whenever I have the opportunity

5. Tea Joeli

January 27, 2011 at 20:00

love your blog:)

xx

6. Nino

January 27, 2011 at 17:51

Hello,
    I’ve the crackle polish of IsaDora. That’s a very good one for everyone from germany (douglas) and everyone from Sweden (kicks).
    But maybe you already know the stores were you can buy IsaDora nailpolish.
    The polish is, by the way, €6,95

• Maestra

January 27, 2011 at 18:40

Thanks for the hint. :wink:
      I’m familiar with IsaDora crackle polishes. They are great and they come in different colors, which is awesome. I reviewed them already: http://www.parokeets.com/en/tag/graffiti-nails/
      I bought mine in Austria end they were 8,90€, which is pretty expensive. :hmm:

7. Silva

January 27, 2011 at 17:37

Crackle is so awesome! I love watching it as it dries!

January 27, 2011 at 16:01

Obožujem crackle! Na zeleni in glitter podlagi je perfekten.

9. Katarin_ca

January 27, 2011 at 14:31

Red glitter, ah. pure beauty :)

10. Jen

January 27, 2011 at 13:53

It looks FAB over the red glitter!

11. Lieke

January 27, 2011 at 13:41

I love it!

12. purple_rain

January 27, 2011 at 12:19

Imam tudi jaz – in ga obožujem! :happy:
    Super slikce, btw! :thumb:

13. January 27, 2011 at 11:57

I love this polish!
    I’m dying to find one!

January 27, 2011 at 11:30

I loooove the combo of Red Glitter and crackle polish. :love:

15. Marta Robinson (Beatlemarta)

January 27, 2011 at 11:16

I LOVE it!!
    It’s like witchcraft or something! You just see it cracking away right before your eyes!