I’m enjoying my summer vacation at the seaside. The weather is amazing. It is hot hot hot and I enjoy every minute (or shall I say every degree Celsius) of it! My post today will be short. Two outfits and mani- and pedicures.
I’m wearing a comfortable and cute dress by InGear with matching Ron Jon flip flops I bought last year in Ron Jon Surf Shop. Underneath I’m wearing InGear swimsuit I bought in Miami last year. Sunglasses are by Furla.
I don’t wear any make up to the beach. Sometimes I apply a thin coat of waterproof mascara and a lip gloss, but most of the time I only wear sunscreen on my face to the beach.
On my nails I’m wearing gradient manicure in neon colors. I didn’t have a sponge at hand so I improvised.
- Apply base color: Two coats of yellow-orange nail polish (Color Club – Pyschedelic Scene (yes, that’s how it is spelled on the label of my bottle) – very streaky).
- Let the base dry.
- Apply a drop of yellow-orange polish near the nail bed.
- Apply a drop of neon orange polish (Essie – Bright Tights) next to the first drop.
- “Help” the colors to mix and create gradient effect.
- Apply a drop of hot neon pink polish (Essie – Pink Parka) near the tip of your nail.
- “Help” the orange and pink to mix so they create nice gradient.
- Apply top coat
The key with this technique is that you mix wet polish. It’s simple, but I think that the sponge technique is easier to do.
Seaside (city) outfit
I’m wearing short black jumpsuit by Zara, Gamloong sandals, Furla sunglasses and a hat I bought in Red Rock Canjon. My bag is by Clairefontaine.
Even though you can’t see it in the photos, I’m wearing a bit of make up. A thin layer of foundation to even out the skin tone. On my cheeks I’m wearing cream blush in coral tones. On my eyes there is a waterproof mascara and some brown and coral eyeshadows. On my lips there’s the nice Catrice lipstick from the Cucuba collection.
On my toenails is Color Club – Twiggie.
Bye bye! :wave: