Kiko 242 and Mavala Sparkling Red glittery nail polish duet

I think you’ll be seeing a lot of red glitter this month from me … or I’ll be at least wearing it on my nails. :silly:
This time I wanted to try out Mavala Sparkling Red glitter nail polish. As this is sheer nail polish I needed a base for it. I opted not to use red base as Sparkling Red has lots of red glitter and I didn’t wan to hide them.

Mavala Sparkling Red nail polish

Mavala Sparkling Red nail polish

I checked my “untried” stash and chose Kiko 242 (Ametista Perlato) nail polish. I liked the fact that it’s darker shade and has purplish pink base (more purple in real life).
One thicker coat of Mavala Sparkling Red and I had on really eye-catching manicure with lots of holo glitter. :love: Photo is little bit off as this was only photo which showed at least tiny bit of fiery sparkle. You can see this manicure in action in Collistar Milano video.

Kiko 242 nail polish swatch

Kiko 242 nail polish swatch

Mavala Sparkling Red layered over Kiko 242

Mavala Sparkling Red layered over Kiko 242

What kind of mood are you currently in … manicure wise? :nails:

email:; Starševski klepet

1. Vesna

December 13, 2012 at 10:31

This looks really gorgeous! :)

2. Maestra

December 11, 2012 at 18:52

Po pravici povedano, mi je Kiko bolj všeč brez bleščic. ;)
    Trenutno najraje nosim nude bleščičaste lake.

3. tina

December 8, 2012 at 16:36

divan je!

4. Caroline

December 5, 2012 at 09:35

Love the KIKO (I think I love all KIKOs….), and passed on the Mavala, althoug it seems to be much prettier on the nail than in the bottle!

December 6, 2012 at 11:35

LOL – welcome to the Kiko nail polish fan group. :biggrin:

5. Kaja

December 5, 2012 at 09:33

uf, oba sta mi zelo všeč :) (še dobro, da nobenega od njih ne morem kupiti v Mariboru :D)

December 6, 2012 at 11:28

Nimate Mavale v Müllerju?

6. Vedrana

December 4, 2012 at 19:38

Kiko mi se mnogo dopada, ali Mavala ne baš.

December 6, 2012 at 11:27