Comparison: Essence – Gold Old Buffy (Vampire’s Love TE) vs. Alessandro – Marvelicious Dream (Glam Session LE)

Some of you like comparison posts very much. Today I have one especially for you and I’ll try to do more of them in the future.

Essence – Gold Old Buffy is part of the Vampire’s Love Trend Edition. Black Dark base (I’m not sure if it’s dark grey, light black or even dark greyish green) and a lot of tiny gold flecks. Lovely nail polish.

Alessandro – Marvelicious Dream from the Glam Session collection is very similar to the Gold Old Buffy polish. The main difference are: the price and the flecks.

Comparison: Essence - Gold Old Buffy (Vampires LoveTE) vs. Alessandro - Marvelicious Dream (Glam Session LE)

Essence - Gold Old Buffy (Vampires LoveTE) vs. Alessandro - Marvelicious Dream (Glam Session LE) (both 2 coats)

While in the bottle the difference between the polishes is prominent, on the nails they look similar although you can still see they are not identical. I prefer Marvelicious Dream, but if I also consider the price, the Gold Old Buffy makes a “dangerous” opponent. It’s really hard to pick a favourite for me.

Which one is your favourite?

December 1, 2011 at 17:14

Hmmm, na tvojem swatchu mi je Buffy morda še malce bolj všeč. Ali pa je to zaradi cene, hehe. Zelenga Alessandra bom pa morala dobiti. Perfekten je na polički, vedno ga pogledam, upam da zdrži do štipendije.

2. nail crazy

December 1, 2011 at 14:47

wow, a ja bila uvjerena da je buffy unikat :sigh:

3. rock-or-not

November 30, 2011 at 17:51

REally similar!
    thanks for the comparison!

4. femketje

November 30, 2011 at 16:54

i’m wearing that essence polish right now :D really love it!

5. Malin

November 30, 2011 at 14:35

alessandro zame zmaga :yes:

6. MissDoll

November 30, 2011 at 13:24

Alessandro je za odtenek lepši, bolj sijoč ampak se strinjam s tabo, da je essence nevarno blizu

7. Taya

November 30, 2011 at 10:08

Hvala za tole primerjavo. Sem se že spraševala, koliko sta si podobna. Glede na to, da imam Gold Old Buffy, mislim, da bom Alessandra kar preskočila.

November 30, 2011 at 09:57

Both are gorgeous shades, but I must say I prefer Alessandro little bit better. It seems to have more depth/dimension.
    Luckily I too have both, so I don’t have to deal with price vs. performance issues. :biggrin:

9. Simona

November 30, 2011 at 09:30

They are indeed similar. If I am right there’s a similar one also in the Catrice Las Vegas LE? Seems light dark gold/olive whatever is a trend right now!

10. bettynova

November 30, 2011 at 09:30

I have the Buffy polish on my nails right now. Adores!!! :wub: and I usually dont even like dark nailpolishes but Buffy is my girl!! :wink:

But I see Buffy as a dark greenish dark brown not black…am I colourblind or something?

• Maestra

November 30, 2011 at 09:43

You are definitely not color blind. ;) With “black” I referred to the base color. I checked again and I’m not sure anymore what color the base really is. I edited my description. I mean … I’m not sure if the base is sheer black and the flecks makes it look like it’s a bit green or is it indeed dark green … Thanks for your comment. And I totally agree with you. Buffy is very lovely!