Catrice

Swatch and comparison: Catrice – I’m A Star vs. Welcome To The Jungle

When I first saw Catrice‘s new shade I’m A Star it immediately reminded me of another polish by Catrice that was part of a LE called Papagena. Gejba reviewed and swatched all the polishes from that collection HERE. And I’m A Star reminded me of a polish called Welcome To The Jungle. Here are the comparison photos.

Comparison: Catrice - I'm A Star vs. Welcome To The Jungle (Papagena LE)

Catrice - I'm A Star vs. Welcome To The Jungle (Papagena LE)

Comparison: Catrice - I'm A Star vs. Welcome To The Jungle (Papagena LE)

Catrice - I'm A Star vs. Welcome To The Jungle (Papagena LE) (2 coats each)

As you can see from the photos above, these are not dupes. Welcome To The Jungle is deeper and richer in color. The application of both was unproblematic. I love both, but if I had to choose Welcome To The Jungle would be the winner for me.

And which one do you prefer? I’m A Star or Welcome To The Jungle?

1. stregalice

October 10, 2011 at 13:32

I’d prefer Welcome to the Jungle but since I didn’t find it I’m glad there is such a similar shade in the regular line!

2. I Drink Nail Polish

October 9, 2011 at 04:17

Both polishes are really great but if I had to choose Welcome to the Jungle would be my pick. I like the deeper color and the name is really awesome too! :D

3. shannara

October 9, 2011 at 00:05

I have Welcome To The Jungle , so I think is silly to buy the other one :wink:

October 8, 2011 at 20:54

Imam Welcome To The Jungle in ne bom kupila I’m A Star, sta praktično identična. Pa WTTJ nosi ime po kul komadu, tako da je zmagovalec. :thumb: :wink:

5. Nicole

October 8, 2011 at 18:11

they’re definatly not dupes, but not worth having both either (for me at least :P )
    i have welcome to the jungle, for me also the best one from these two.

6. KimsKie's Nails

October 8, 2011 at 15:59

I already have bought the LE from the Papagena collection, and saw I’m a star on the shelves, and decided not to buy it because I thought they looked similiar… And now you’ve proven it :)

I prefer Welcome To The Jungle because it has slightly more shimmer in it :)

7. gnoma

October 8, 2011 at 14:13

I agree with you: they are not dupes but this is a pity, because welcome to the jungle is better and LE. I own it, but what a pity for who doesn’t ç___ç

8. Ilaria

October 8, 2011 at 13:25

I love them both! :)

9. marox79

October 8, 2011 at 11:16

I have Welcome to the Jungle and is gorgeous indeed. I did notice this ‘suppose’ dupe in the store but knew WTTJ would be better.

October 8, 2011 at 10:26

Thx for the comparison. :rose:
    I didn’t get I’m A Star as they had only one bottle and my swap partner needs it more. :silly: After seeing your comparison, I’m not sure I’ll get it at all. :biggrin:

11. darksome

October 8, 2011 at 09:36

Sicer neka razlka res je, ampak bolje kot nič je že :)
    Zdaj pa naj samo še ustvarijo en lak, ki bo enak Enter the Undergrowth pa bom happy :D

12. pinknailblog

October 8, 2011 at 08:55

honestly they really look the same to me. lol. they look good on you. I’m not sure i’d buy it. i like greens.. but i don’t know if this will look good on me.

13. Yasinisi

October 8, 2011 at 08:28

I agree.. Although the diference is not big, I would go for Welcome to the Jungle.